is an application available free to ACC faculty for both your office and home computer. Respondus is an application to develop and manage exams. The creation of exams via Respondus is usually faster and easier than creating assessments in Blackboard. Exams may be uploaded to Blackboard and delivered either non-secure or secure in the Testing Centers.
Get Started with Respondus Authoring Tool
Create and Publish Tests with Respondus Authoring Tool
- "Instructor Quick Start Guide"
- Step by Step Instruction for Test Creation
- Format for Importing Different Types of Questions
- Establishing Settings for Exams
- Setup Connection in Respondus Authoring Tool to Blackboard
- Publish an Exam to Blackboard
Non-Secure or Secure Assessments Through ACC Testing Centers
Often test-for-understanding or practice exams are delivered non-secure via Blackboard. Students may take these exams anywhere. All faculty can develop and administer non-secure tests for their Blackboard courses. Secure tests are major exams such as mid-term and final. Secure tests must be taken in the Testing Centers. Only specific courses are approved for secure testing in the Testing Centers.
- Testing Options Using Respondus
- Distance Learning Secure Online Testing at ACC
Courses Approved for Testing Center Use
- ALL Distance Learning (ONL) courses and Hybrid Distance Learning (HYD): Schedule
- Specifically approved lecture courses: Course list
- ALL Comp I and Comp II Departmental Tests: Comp I and CompII Instructions
- ALL Comp I and Comp II Departmental Tests: Comp I and CompII Instructions to Remove Old English Departmental Exams and Import New English Departmental Exams
- Guidelines ACC Testing Centers
- Office of Students with Disabilities Test Accomodations
- Out-of-District Distance Testing
- Overview of Secure Testing Process
Blackboard Building Block for Respondus LockDown Browser
The Blackboard Building Block for Respondus LockDown Browser Plugin may be enabled within Blackboard. The Blackboard Building Block for Respondus LockDown Browser is a Blackboard tool to require a lock-down browser for secure testing in the Testing Center. Students taking secure exams in the Testing Center cannot view other webpages, copy, print, save or open another application. If an exam is already in Blackboard, faculty can easily make the exam non-secure or secure with the Respondus Building Block tool.
Training & Reference | Tutorials & Guides
- Respondus Online Workshop (May be taken for credit via the ACC Workshop Database.)
- Respondus Authoring Tool Features and Functions Quick Start Guide
- Respondus Demo Library
- Quick Start Guide for Respondus
- Respondus for Blackboard User Guide (Full Version--Respondus)
- Reference Guide for converting files (University of Southern Indiana)