Know what is available in general classrooms
The Media Center on each campus provides equipment for use in classroom instruction. Some equipment is permanently available in classrooms, while other equipment must be requested and picked up at the Media Center. Students who need equipment for a classroom presentation must have their instructor reserve the equipment. See Introduction to Media Services video for more information.
Faculty may reserve equipment in person at the media centers.
Media Services Equipment Check Out Rules
- Equipment may only be checked out by staff or faculty. Hourlies and work-studies do not count as staff.
- Equipment is for on-campus use only and may not be taken off campus.
- Equipment is for daily use only—no overnight check outs.
- The staff or faculty member checking out equipment may permit students to use the equipment if they are directly supervising the usage.
Classroom equipment for checkout
- Laptops: Laptops can be hooked up to auxiliary inputs. Please note that laptops are not available for off-campus.
- Cameras and tripods.
- Document cameras: View a demo on how to use the document camera.
- Projectors and Screens. View a demo on how to use the media controllers in the classroom.
- DVD Players: Video can be played either from the computer DVD player or a separate DVD player (VHS tapes are being phased out.)
- Overhead projectors.
- Portable public address systems (PA).
- Video projector remotes, pointers and wireless advancer remotes. Remote advancers will forward your Power Point slides without having to stand next to the computer.
- Student Response Systems (SRS).
More information on classroom equipment checkout.
Contact a Faculty & Instructional Support Specialist at your campus. Note: Only faculty and staff can request equipment for student projects and presentations.Students are not allowed direct access to media services.