Computer Center: Wireless Connection
Before attempting to connect to the Austin Community College Wireless Network you must first activate your ACCeID login. To activate your ACCeID please visit the following link. http://www.austincc.edu/acceid/
You can visit this link from any ACC Library computer, IRT Computer Center or from home.
These instructions assume you have a laptop with wireless capability. If you are not sure, please contact the manufacturer of your laptop or refer to the documentation that came with it.
You must also be in a location in the college that is within range of the ACC wireless access points. Libraries and common areas (lounges) all should have wireless coverage.
Connect to the ACCStudent Wireless Network for PC
- Open your normal Internet browser.
- If you get a “Page not Found” error go to step 5.
- If you get a Website Security Certificate error choose the continue option (even if it says “not recommended”).
- The “Austin Community College Wireless Network” logon page should open. Use your ACCeID to logon. You should now be able to browse the Internet and read email. No further setup is required.
- If you do not automatically connect to the ACCStudent wireless network, you must select the ACCStudent wireless network from your wireless connection utility list.
- Different Operating Systems and wireless network cards have different setup procedures. Generally all you have to do is:
- Open your Wireless connection utility.
- Choose “ACCStudent”
- You should then have the option to connect to that network.
- The default settings should work.
- Open a browser and continue with step 3 above.
- If you have trouble with the above steps please contact the Student Help Center (512) 223-4636.
Connect to the ACCStudent Wireless Network for OS X
- Click on the System Preferences icon in the dock.
- Click the Network icon (under the Internet and Wireless section).
- Click on the Airport icon in the list on the left side of the window.
- Click the Turn Airport On button at the top right of the window.
- At Network Name, click the dropdown menu and choose ACCStudent.
- Click the red X at the top left of the window to close System Preferences.
- Launch Safari or other browser.
- If you receive a warning message, click Continue.
- Enter your ACCeID user name in the User Name field and your ACCeID password in the Password field.
- Now you're ready to use the ACC wireless network.
Note: The ACCStudent wireless network uses "over-the-air" communications and may be subject to unauthorized interception and are not inherently secure. We therefore cannot guarantee the privacy of your data and communications while using the ACC wireless service.