Replacement of faculty and staff computers
- Staffing table faculty and staff will receive a replacement similar to their computer's original configuration.
- Staffing table faculty and staff are provided one computer from Tech Plan.
- Adjunct faculty and hourly employees will not be assigned a computer from Tech Plan.
- Computers are no longer automatically replaced. You must submit a request!
- All college computers are eligible to be replaced after 4 years. This includes Faculty, Staff and Lab computers.
- Each computer may be replaced only once through this process.
- After the computer has been replaced, the old computer must be sent to warehoue within two weeks.
- Computer replacement is funded through a centralized budget for faculty and staff.
- Upgrades beyond the original configuration must be justified and are not automatically approved.
- Tech Plan does not provide docking stations, laptop bags, secondary monitors, or any other accessories; departments must purchase these items.
- Solid State Drives (SSD) are not standard and will not automatically be approved.
- Tablets/macbook airs are not replacement options.
- Tech Plan does not replace iPads.
If you are a faculty or staff member, choose the appropriate procedure to request the replacement of an existing computer.
Replacement of computers in labs and public areas
If you have 5 or more computers you must send a request for multiple computer replacement.
Acquisition of equipment for new faculty and staff position
Please request a computer and desk phone by completing the Equipment Request for New Faculty/Staff Position form. Each faculty or staff position is assigned one computer. If a desktop computer is assigned, one monitor is provided. Desktops computers are fixed assets and should not be removed from campus.
Request funds for emergency repair and replacement of capital equipment
Submit your request by completing a Replacement of Technology and Capital Equipment form. The capital equipment replacement forms are due no later than the Friday prior to the CWTCOC meetings. Please review the meetings schedule before submitting the form.
Process for CWTCOC annual budget initiatives
This procedure pertains only to the initiatives that fall under the Replacement category.
- Each voting member is allotted a number of votes equal to one more than half the total number of initiatives eligible for funding.
- A spreadsheet identifying the initiatives is emailed to each voting member.
- Voting members select the number of initiatives allowed in Step 1. Ranking the initiatives is not necessary.
- Votes are returned for tabulation. Initiatives are prioritized based upon the total number of votes each initiative receives.