Blackboard™ & Collaborate™ Student Support
Mozilla Firefox is the preferred web browser for Blackboard. Click here to download Firefox.
- Getting Started with Blackboard
- Submitting Assignments
- Completing Assessments
- Accessing My Grades
- Using Discussion Boards
- Using VoiceThread
Using Blackboard Collaborate
Step 1 Be ready for your Collaborate session:
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Before your first session visit Get Started with Collaborate Ultra for Participants.
- Plug in your webcam and microphone, if they are not built into your computer. For best results, use headphones with a built-in microphone.
- Watch the YouTube Interface Tour video, and explore the Tutorials and Quick Guides.
Step 2 During the session:
- Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Verify that you have Internet access.
- Setup your audio and video when you first join a session.
- Participate in the session by responding to polls and providing feedback to the moderator.
- Raise your hand by clicking the hand icon when you have a question or a comment.
- Use Chat to send text messages to other participants and the moderator during the session.
- Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.
Access Collaborate session from a Mobile Device
You can participate in a Blackboard Collaborate Ultra session directly from your mobile device (Apple, Android, or Windows) with the free Bb Student app. Within the app, you are able to fully interact during the session:
- Join live classes or meetings
- Share audio and video
- Interact via text chat
- View content shared by the instructor
- Use whiteboard tools
- Use emoticons, hand raising, polls, breakout rooms
When participating from a mobile device, you will have the best experience over WiFi. Some devices can experience rapid battery drain, so it is recommended that you are fully charged or plugged in.
- Respondus Taking a Secure Test in the ACC Testing Centers (Download the transcript)
- ACC Helpdesk 512-223-4636 email@example.com
- ACC Learning Labs
- Distance Learning
- Video Tutorials from Blackboard
- Browser and Plug in Information
- Online Class System Requirements
- Printing & Copying in ACC Libraries
- Blackboard Collaborate Troubleshooting for Participants
- Quick Start for the Blackboard App
Questions & Answers
- How do I log into Blackboard?
- I forgot my password - what should I do?
- How do I change my password?
- What if I have problems logging in?
- Why don't I see all of my courses?
- How do I view announcements for my courses?
- How do I get my email address to display in the course roster?
- What should I do if I've been locked out of an assessment?
- How do I check my grades in Blackboard?
- I am unable to view multimedia content (images, videos) in my Blackboard course.
- Where is digital dropbox?
- Can I use the Blackboard mobile app?
- Can I get a virus from Blackboard?
- Internet Explorer is presenting me with a security warning - what should I do?
- I'm using Windows Vista and I don't see a text box to type in.
- I am not seeing discussion postings or changes I make in Blackboard. How do I correct this?
- Blackboard Collaborate Participants FAQs