What is SoftChalk™?
SoftChalk is a powerful web lesson editor that lets you easily create engaging, interactive web lessons for your e-learning classroom.
With SoftChalk, you can create professional-looking, interactive content without knowing any HTML, or programming. Spend your time developing course content, not learning how to use complex software.
Within minutes you can create:
- Interactive learning games, including customizable flashcards, image labeling, image hotspot activities, matching games, crosswords and more.
- Six question types: multiple choice, multiple answer (more than one correct answer), short answer, true/false, matching, and ordering.
- Pop-up text annotations to define terminology, or enhance the interactivity of your lesson content.
There are many ways for you to learn more about and get support for SoftChalk.
SoftChalk offers free one-hour training programs on topics ranging from Creating Learning Activities, to Creating Text Poppers, to Importing Media, and much more. For additional information and to sign-up, use your "Help/Help_Topics" pull-down menu from within SoftChalk LessonBuilder or click on the link below.
Quick Tour Videos
Take a look at our pre-recorded videos that include many topics that you can access quickly. And since they are only a few minutes long they are a quick way to learn what you need to know. To view the videos use your "Help/Help_Topics"pull-down menu from within SoftChalk LessonBuilder or go to
How do I get SoftChalk?Contact the Instructional Design Specialist on your campus.
Tutorials and Guides
- Putting SoftChalk Lessons into Blackboard 9
- Migration to SoftChalk Cloud
- PowerPoint Integration Guide
- SoftChalk Cloud Guide
- SoftChalk Create Desktop Installation Guide
- SoftChalk Create User Guide
- SoftChalk Resources Guide
- Student Guide to SoftChalk Lessons