Learning Management System
Instructional Development Services (IDS) offers a variety of options for faculty to receive Blackboard training.
- Review the workshop description
- Download the handout (a PDF document with step-by-step instructions that you can print or save for future reference)
- Register for a Blackboard Workshop (offered in face-to-face and online formats)
- View Videos of Recent Workshops
- Contact an Instructional Designer on your Campus
- Visit the Faculty Resource Center (FRC) on your campus, where the computers are all loaded with this hardware and software.
- What's New in Blackboard?
We are pleased to announce new features were added to Blackboard. A number of new and improved tools will help you enhance the online learning environment and make what you already do in Blackboard easier. Register for a workshop or review the handout for an introduction to some of the most exciting and helpful new features.
- View Video of Updates 2015…
- Download One Page of Updates 2015
- Download Detailed Document of Updates 2015
- Blackboard 1: Course Sites
This is the first in a series of four workshops on teaching with Blackboard. It will help you to begin creating your Blackboard course site. You will learn how to organize your course site and add the content you need to provide to your students. Topics covered in this workshop include: building a course menu; managing course appearance; creating announcements; creating course content (including files, folders and tool links); adding multimedia from YouTube, Flickr and SlideShare; editing content; and managing users.
- Blackboard 2: Assessments
Blackboard allows you to create tests, quizzes, assignments and surveys to facilitate high-stakes assessment or simply to provide students with guided practice. This workshop will teach you how to create these kinds of assessments and activities. Topics include creating and deploying tests, quizzes, surveys and assignments; making tests secure; and creating and grading with rubrics.
- Blackboard 3: Grades
Whether you are using integrated Blackboard assignments or looking for a place to record grades on work submitted outside of Blackboard, the Grade Center gives you a secure online environment in which to manage student grades. This workshop will teach you how to create grade columns, weighted grades, organize your Grade Center, download grades to Excel and more.
- Blackboard 4: Interactive Tools
Blackboard's integrated interactive tools give you the ability to facilitate interaction and communication with and amongst your students. Use these tools to create opportunities for self-reflection, conversation and collaboration. In this workshop, you will learn about the basics of creating and using discussion boards, journals, wikis and blogs.
- Additional Training Documentation
Blackboard Voice Tools: Blackboard Collaborate Voice Authoring Tools is a suite of five applications that allow users to collaborate by recording and sharing voice content over the Internet. Voice tools include: Voice Board, Voice Presentation, Voice Podcaster, Voice Email, Voice Authoring.
For Blackboard Support Issues, contact an Instructional Design Specialist, students go to Help Center or call (512) 223.4636. For faculty support go to Technical Support Services or call (512) 223.TECH (223.8324).