Learning Management System
Instructional Development Services (IDS) offers a variety of options for faculty to receive Blackboard training.
- Review the workshop description
- Download the handout (a PDF document with step-by-step instructions that you can print or save for future reference)
- Register for a Blackboard Workshop (offered in face-to-face and online formats)
- Contact an Instructional Designer on your Campus
- Visit the Faculty Resource Center (FRC) on your campus, where the computers are all loaded with this hardware and software.
Please note there is a bug in Blackboard that is removing the designation of Safe Assignments to assignments that have been course copied. If you use the Safe Assignment feature you will need to reassign that status to those assignments. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Instructional Designer at your campus.
Steps to designate an Assignment as SafeAssign:
- Go to the content area where the assignment has been placed.
- Select the grey drop down arrow to the right of the assignment name and select ‘edit’
- Under the Grading details of the assignment select “Submission Details”. Once that menu opens check the box next to “Plagiarism Tools’ that states “Check submissions for plagiarism using SafeAssign
- Click Submit
Brainfuse is the new online tutoring tool.
VoiceThreads is the voice tool for Blackboard.
- What's New in Blackboard 2016?
- A more modern and streamlined interface, allowing you to work more efficiently
- A familiar workflow because everything is in the same location - edit mode functions that appear intuitively when you need them
We now have a new Online Attendance tool (PDF) that will allow you to keep track of class attendance.See a Demo in YouTube
- Blackboard Updates on May 2015
We are pleased to announce new features were added to Blackboard. A number of new and improved tools will help you enhance the online learning environment and make what you already do in Blackboard easier. Register for a workshop or review the handout for an introduction to some of the most exciting and helpful new features.
Features Added May 2015
- View Video of Updates 2015…
- Download One Page of Updates 2015
- Download Detailed Document of Updates 2015
- Blackboard 1: Course Sites (Update 2016)
This is the first in a series of four workshops on teaching with Blackboard. It will help you to begin creating your Blackboard course site. You will learn how to organize your course site and add the content you need to provide to your students. Topics covered in this workshop include: building a course menu; managing course appearance; creating announcements; creating course content (including files, folders and tool links); adding multimedia from YouTube, Flickr and SlideShare; editing content; and managing users.
- Blackboard 2: Assessments (Update 2016)
Blackboard allows you to create tests, quizzes, assignments and surveys to facilitate high-stakes assessment or simply to provide students with guided practice. This workshop will teach you how to create these kinds of assessments and activities. Topics include creating and deploying tests, quizzes, surveys and assignments; making tests secure; and creating and grading with rubrics.
- Blackboard 3: Grades (Update 2016)
Whether you are using integrated Blackboard assignments or looking for a place to record grades on work submitted outside of Blackboard, the Grade Center gives you a secure online environment in which to manage student grades. This workshop will teach you how to create grade columns, weighted grades, organize your Grade Center, download grades to Excel and more.
- Blackboard 4: Interactive Tools (Update 2016)
Blackboard's integrated interactive tools give you the ability to facilitate interaction and communication with and amongst your students. Use these tools to create opportunities for self-reflection, conversation and collaboration. In this workshop, you will learn about the basics of creating and using discussion boards, journals, wikis and blogs.
- Student support
- Blackboard updates
- Library services
- Blackboard Building Block Request Form
- Printing & Copying in ACC Libraries
For Blackboard Support Issues, contact an Instructional Designer, students go to Help Center or call (512) 223.4636. For faculty support go to Technical Support Services or call (512) 223.TECH (223.8324).