Use technology to bring users together
Accessibility isn't just the right thing to do, it's also the law. Accessibility is at the forefront of all of the technology decisions made by IRT. Features such as closed-captioning and accessible web design will improve the technology experience for all users, while assistive technology such as screen readers allows individuals with disabilities to experience content that would otherwise be difficult or impossible.
Examples of Adaptive Equipment & Software Available at ACC
- Adjustable computer workstations
- Alternate keyboards
- Assistive listening devices
- Screen readers that convert text to speech to allow visually impaired users to experience websites and read documents.
- Speech recognition software to convert spoken words into text for users with mobility issues.
- Contact the Student Accessibility Services & Assistive Technology (SAS).
- The Media Center at your campus for assistance.
- The Interpreter Services office phone: 512-223-6155 (voice) and video phone: 512-223-6151 (deaf).
- The Instructional Design Specialist at your campus.