Upload Files Using CoffeCup© FTP FreewareThese instructions apply to the free CoffeeCup FTP (File Transfer Protocol) application on the computers in the Faculty Resource Centers at your campus. You may install a free version of CoffeeCup FTP on your office computer. View the free FTP CoffeeCup video tutorials: Overview and Setting up a Server
Once a streaming video file is complete, the file may be uploaded from your computer to the streaming video server. Use the following instructions to setup and upload a flv (Flash) file to the server.
- Open the CoffeeCup FTP application.
- From under the drop-down menu under File, choose Manage Servers to display the My Servers window.
- To add the ACC streaming server, click on the green plus button on the left-bottom of the My Servers window.
- Input the following information:
- In the Nickname textbox, type in Flash Server.
- In the Server textbox, type in 22.214.171.124.
- Type in Encoder for the Username and Password.
- Click the checkbox in front of Passive.
- Click on the More Options button.
- For the Protocol, choose the FTP option.
- Enter 21 for the Port.
- To browse to your folder on your computer or Flash drive, click the Browse button to the right of Local Folder textbox.
- Enter /uploads/ for the Remote Folder
- Click the OK button.
- To connect to the Streaming Server, click the down-arrow by the Servers icon and choose the Flash Server.
- Once connected to the Flash Video Server, click New Folder icon on the right-side..
- Rename your folder. Type in your email name.
- Double click the folder on the right side which you just created.
- Select your flv or mp4 file on the left side.
- Click the upload button to upload your flv or mp4 file.
- The flv or mp4 file displays on the right side.
- Once the file has been uploaded, close CoffeeCup FTP.
- Submit a Streaming Request form to activate the streaming media file.